"The Savior emphasized the importance of keeping records. And one of the most valuable records is the one you keep of your own life." Spencer W. Kimball

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bittersweet

Desi took more than two steps tonight, she was really walking instead of taking a step and falling over. I'm so excited! But for some reason I'm having issues with her growing up so fast. I was talking to Erin about this today and I know it sounds psycho but I don't want to stop breastfeeding because then she won't have anything to depend on me for. I mean I know there are other things but my baby is quickly becoming a toddler and it makes me cry. Is this normal with the first one to feel so attached? Or is this just one of many moments when you realize they grow up too fast? Don't get me wrong it's so fun to see the new things she's learning and discovering and I LOVE the look on her face when she's proud of herself! Maybe that means I should have another one.=)

7 comments:

A New Aunty (well, sort of) said...

Desi is walking! Yeah! :D

As far as the rest of the post: Not having much experience on this myself, but talking to other moms, I think it's hard with each of your children. Even if you feel it's the right time to stop breastfeeding, she will still have to depend on you for everything! Are you kidding? She's not exactly old enough to get a job! You still have to feed her and cloth her and shelter her and most importantly, LOVE HER! She will always depend on you for that, even when she's an adult. No one can love her quite like her mom can. :)

A New Aunty (well, sort of) said...

By the way, where is some video or a pic of this?

Laura said...

I think you should have another baby!!! Soon.

Jeanette Atkinson said...

You are psyco. Jessica and Spencer are only 20 months apart. Get crackin' you slacker!

L said...

That's a totally normal way to feel. I would be worried if it didn't make you sad. BTW, I hope you are feeling better. Scott told me that you were sick.

Liz said...

I still remember the first time Chloe just popped up off of our bed. We had been snuggling and she said she was ready for bed and that I should just stay here. She put herself to bed, all tucked in nicely... I snuck in and kissed her good night but that was the moment I cried because she didn't need me anymore!

Marshall, Lauren and Walker said...

Oh, I totally know how you are feeling! These milestones make me so proud and so sad at the same time. I guess thats what we signed up for, huh?