Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
On another note, has anyone seen The Box with Cameron Diaz? It's the movie about pushing a button and when you do someone dies but the person pushing it gets one million dollars. Can someone please explain it to me? I'm so confused!
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
- we sold our house and moved in with my Mom and Dad
- we bought and moved into a new house
- my mom got breast cancer
- Tom had a colonoscopy
- I had a baby girl, who was in the NICU for a few days
- my brother, Brian, came home from Iraq
- Desi turned 2!
- my brother, Daniel, left for Afghanistan
- Tom turned 30!
- Tom had his fatty tumors removed
- I turned 26!
- my sweet father-in-law passed away
- my mom had a hysterectomy
- Tom & I celebrated our 5th anniversary
- my sister, Kristina, had a baby girl
- my sister-in-law, Erin, had twin boys (Jack was in the NICU for 12 days)
- my aunt passed away
- and now I have a child with RSV and both of them with double ear infections but it could be worse! (We're thinking and praying for Josh (& now Jack) who are at the hospital with RSV!)
- amidst all of this, Tom has survived layoffs at work and going back to school and I survived a few months of postpartum!
- Each day I'm so thankful to have such wonderful family and friends that love and support us!
Sunday, March 13, 2011
I couldn't let this special day pass without giving tribute to my beautiful, sister-in-law Liz and the wonderful woman that she is! When I found this I thought of Dayna...
Once upon a special day in Heaven up above, The tiniest souls sat at God's feet, surrounded by his love. The time was coming, very soon, God said, do not be scared. Your family awaits your arrival, now let us get prepared. And so God looked upon these souls, in mute consideration. He knew the life each one would live, He weighed each situation.
The souls chatted amongst themselves, and wondered who they'd be. They knew the day grew closer; soon, they'd meet their family. How would you like to change the world? God asked each soul in fun. The chance to change a soul, a heart, is held by only one. I'm going to make the world laugh, one soul said with a smile, for laughter heals a broken heart, and helps us through each trial. Then take with you the brightest smile, and share your laughter well. The soul thanked God immensely, and down to earth he fell.
And I'll remind the world to sing, a sweet little soul told the Lord. I have the gift of a beautiful voice; I can hit every note and every chord. You’ll have the gift of music then, a voice, lovely and strong. Share your gift with others, and let them hear your song. I will show compassion, the next little soul raised her hand. Some people only need a friend, someone to understand. Compassion is a good thing, God said with much delight. To you, I will give mercy. You'll perceive wrong from right. And so each soul shared every thought, their plans, their hopes, their dreams. And God explained that life, it is, much harder than it seems. And as each soul began to leave in a scurry of laughter and fun.
Heaven became quiet and still, for left was only one. Come sit with me my little child, God said with just a sigh. Do you know how many you will touch, in a world left wondering why? Before your life comes to an end, you will know much strife, but you'll teach those who know you, to cherish the smallest things in life. And some may only know you through a simple photograph, they'll never hold you in their arms, or memorize your laugh. Some may only know you through the words they read each day, but you'll do something wonderful, you'll make them stop and pray. The tiniest soul raised her head up, to touch God's firm, strong hand. Father, I am ready for, the life that you have planned. And I will do the best I can without a word or deed. For you Lord, are the planter, and I will be your seed. She could already hear many praying, and although they had not seen her face, they were praying for her safe arrival, they were asking for mercy and grace. What talent do I leave with Lord? What gift do you impart? All that you will need, God said, I've placed within your heart. And so God kissed this tiny child, knowing all that she would be, and whispered as he watched her go...You'll teach them . . . to love me.
- Author Unknown