"The Savior emphasized the importance of keeping records. And one of the most valuable records is the one you keep of your own life." Spencer W. Kimball

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Eight!

In eight days (or less) I will be holding my new little girl! I am 2 1/2-3 centimeters dilated, 80% effaced and that the baby has dropped a little. The doctor didn't say if I had effaced anymore since last week so I assume I'm still at 80% which is awesome! I'll take anything more than the 1/2 centimeter and 50% I was with Desi. I've been measuring small the last few weeks so the doctor sent me down for an ultrasound just to make sure everything was okay (low amniotic fluid, stopped growing from lack of nutrition from the umbilical cord, etc.) and it was. They estimated from the measurements on the ultrasound that today she weighs 6 lbs 12 oz so if that's close to accurate, she'll be about the same as Desi. I was thinking in the high 7's but I guess that would only be if I went to my due date. The tech said she could see a little bit of hair on her head but it doesn't look like it was near anything that Desi had, so I guess we'll see. I can't wait to meet her and see what she looks like! I feel like she is already different in personality from Desi because of the way she moves inside me but only time will tell! It's so funny because I remember thinking having the baby was sooooooooooo far off and that I would never get to the single digits in counting down days and now it's finally here! Any last minute words of advice?

4 comments:

Erin said...

Holy cow!!! That is so exciting! So why did they think she is measuring small?

Jared and Ché said...

that is exciting news!!! we're so excited for you!!! you'll do great!

L said...

Yay! I can't wait to see her. No advice here, you'll be great!

Liz Davis said...

OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!