"The Savior emphasized the importance of keeping records. And one of the most valuable records is the one you keep of your own life." Spencer W. Kimball

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

New Rectangle!

We got a new "rectangle" today as Desi calls it or the rest of us know it as a microwave. Our wonderful neighbor, Andrea, gave us their old microwave and oven! I now have a microwave above my stove! I love having more counter space! As I used my new stove to make dinner tonight, I realized once again how long it takes to make dinner. You have the prep time, cook time and clean up time. I'm so grateful for my Mom who made dinner every night, even if it was grilled cheese or hot dogs sometimes. She always made sure we sat down together as a family for dinner and usually made my Dad put down the newspaper so we could have a family conversation. I love her for the effort she made even though I'm sure we grumbled and moaned. I really appreciate it now and realize the importance of it. I love you, Mom!

2 comments:

Jeanette Atkinson said...

I figured out how to turn off that dumb comment thing. i didn't know that mine was like that too! Thanks!

Erin said...

Ohhh, fabulous! I want a new stove!