"The Savior emphasized the importance of keeping records. And one of the most valuable records is the one you keep of your own life." Spencer W. Kimball

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dad

I've been thinking about and missing my father-in-law the last few days, mostly because of General Conference coming up. Tom would always go with his Dad to the Priesthood session and I guess the void is more apparent now that he doesn't have someone to go with. I know, I know, he can go with any of his brother-in-laws or his friends in the ward but it's not going to be the same. Most people have a tradition to go with their sons, dads or brothers and Tom doesn't have any of those. I only hope that one day he will have a son to take and they can carry on the tradition that he had with his Dad. I know it was special to Tom and I miss the things that could have been.

2 comments:

Jeanette Atkinson said...

Kinda sucks! When Spencer is made a priest in a couple of weeks dad won't be there to help ordain him either. (tear in my eye)

Liz Davis said...

I watch my kids with Dan's father and get a tear in my eye, hating how much I wish my Dad could have been part of their lives. I miss him so much.