"The Savior emphasized the importance of keeping records. And one of the most valuable records is the one you keep of your own life." Spencer W. Kimball

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Good Wife

I've recently been pondering what it really means to be a good wife. I'm curious as to what everyone else thinks, so please comment and tell me, what is your definition of a good wife? What responsibilities does a good wife take care of? What little extras does a good wife do for her husband? I'm looking specifically for wife duties not mother duties, even though I know they can be intertwined.

On another note, has anyone seen The Box with Cameron Diaz? It's the movie about pushing a button and when you do someone dies but the person pushing it gets one million dollars. Can someone please explain it to me? I'm so confused!

4 comments:

Erin said...

I think being a good wife means what goes around comes around. President Skoubye gave that advice when we were getting married and it seriously works. Whenever I'm feeling like Kendall isn't doing enough sweet things for me or I feel bumbed out I look at what I'm doing sweet for him and usually my numbers are as low as his. It seriously works. When I'm more respectful or understanding of him he is to me.

That movie was retarted!!! Interesting idea, but stupid ending.

Liz Davis said...

I'm still working on it myself but Dan always likes to remind me what Dr Laura would say a good wife is. She says that a good wife never turns down sex with her husband. I've actually read her book about husbands and it's kind of good if not funny!

I was making dinner last night and Dan was in a rush to eat. I was late getting everything started because of activity days and he needed to get getting on because of young mens. I dish up everyones plate and always start with Dan's. Chloe said she was especially hungry and wanted to be first but I told her that Daddy is first because he worked so hard to make the money to buy the food, because I love him and want to show him that I do, and because it shows we respect our dad. Now everyone has to wait to eat until Daddy asks someone to bless the food but there are little things that we can show our children how great their dad is and in return they will know how great their mom is!

Jessica Taylor said...

I think we're all trying to figure this out. I recently read "and they were not ashamed" by Laura Brotherson and loved it. I highly recommend that book. You can read reviews on it on Amazon. Good luck! Remember it's your job to do your best to be a Celestial wife, and that's something that's really between you and God (I recently posted about that).

Jillyn said...

Hi Jenn! Just poking around your blog. To me being a good wife is doing something everyday to make your husband happy that he married you. It can be just little things, like putting a short note in a place that only he will find. Dr. Laura said something that I absolutely love. She said "Be your husband's girlfriend."