"The Savior emphasized the importance of keeping records. And one of the most valuable records is the one you keep of your own life." Spencer W. Kimball

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Little Scare

Tom and I had a little scare last night with the baby. I was walking down the stairs at the temple after finishing a session (there wasn't anyone around me) and slipped on my dress. I fell back on my already sore tailbone and slid down a few stairs. It's funny now to think about it, but at the time I just wanted to cry. I must have made a ruckus because a temple worker that had been sitting upstairs peeked over to make sure I was okay and another temple worker from around the corner came upstairs to see what had happened. I assured everyone that I was okay and it happens when you're pregnant. The guy was so nice, he put his arm out for me to grab a hold of. I then went into the dressing room and started to put my clothing away when two temple workers came up to me to make sure I was okay. I guess the guy had told these women what had happened and they were extra concerned because I was pregnant. They were worried about the baby being hurt and asked if they could call someone for me. I assured them I was fine even though I was trying not to cry because my tailbone hurt so bad. I went to my locker, changed and then went to use the bathroom. It was then that I realized that my underwear was very wet and it was not urine. I was so worried that my water had broken when I fell that I could barely think straight. I got out to the car and called the doctor's office where I had to leave a message because it was after hours. I talked to Tom and told him what had happened and that I was worried about the baby to which he reassured me that everything was probably fine. I got home and still hadn't heard back from the on-call doctor so we decided it would be best to go to the hospital and get checked out. We hadn't even gotten on the freeway when the doctor called and said that if my water had broken, it would have been a huge gush because I am only 33 weeks. She said to watch closely for an hour and if there was anymore fluid, to go in and be checked, otherwise not to worry about it. Fortunately, there ended up not being anymore fluid and the baby was moving around a lot last night. Well, the baby is fine obviously or all of you would have gotten a phone call last night. All I have is a bruised butt cheek, thigh and now my tailbone hurts so bad when I stand up, that my eyes water. I had a doctor's appointment today and everything checked out. The little stinker is still breech, so hopefully she will flip around in the next few weeks and stay there. I guess I have gained too much weight though because today I sat on the toilet seat lid to talk to Tom while he was in the bathtub and it cracked. Slightly depressing, but funny.

5 comments:

A New Aunty (well, sort of) said...

Glad to know everything turned out okay. (And now it's a totally funny story. I mean, just the part about falling down the temple stairs. Okay, now I feel a little bad I typed that.)

Did the doctor say anything about the tailbone? Sorry it hurts so bad. :(

I love the part about the toilet seat...ROFL. :D

Erin said...

You little fart face!!! You call and ask every question imaginable, but for something scary and noteworthy you just blog about!!! Are you sure your okay? Did you need a butt massage???

Liz said...

Oh my heck, you should have labeled this everythings ok but I had a little scare!!!!! I hope your tushie doesn't hurt so bad that you won't be ready to party this weekend. Chloe is really excited to give your baby a shower...

Nichole said...

One day you can tell that little girl all that you went through to get her into the world!! Your poor butt!! I hope, for you sake, that she turns...she still has time!! Ava was breech so I had to have a C-section but it wasn't a big deal at all!!

Becky Hancock said...

I am glad everything is OK...that's sad about the toilet seat. Jest wait until your baby is big enough to talk & they tell you your butt is BIG!!!!