"The Savior emphasized the importance of keeping records. And one of the most valuable records is the one you keep of your own life." Spencer W. Kimball

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Nice Surprise

Last night, Tom wasn't going to Mutual because he got home from work late and they had already left on their activity. So I wasn't going to go either since I'm just the assistant camp director. I was going to get some things done around the house so we were ready for the dunes. Tom insisted that I needed to go and I was so mad that he felt like I should go but that he wasn't going. He talked me into going and I went knowing that he was right but still upset. Little did I know the leaders and girls were surprising the pregnant leaders with a baby shower. We thought we were doing individual class activities and then after opening exercises, they said to all meet together to put hygiene kits together. We walked down to our activity room and to our surprise it was decorated and there were presents for us sitting on a table. It was so sweet and thoughtful! The girls got bored while we were opening presents, which I guess only adults enjoy. But it was so fun to see what each of us got. (There were three of us.) It's so nice to have good friends in the ward.

1 comment:

A New Aunty (well, sort of) said...

How cute! That was so thoughtful! What did you get so the rest of us know that you already have it and can pick out something else this next week?

And whoever gets four showers? Just Jenn, the special new mommy, that's who. :)

P.S. Have fun at the dunes!