"The Savior emphasized the importance of keeping records. And one of the most valuable records is the one you keep of your own life." Spencer W. Kimball

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Last Two

I took pictures but haven't posted about the last two weekends, so I'm going to catch up now because I know this weekend will bring more exciting pictures! (Sidenote: My cell phone kept ringing tonight and I couldn't answer it because I was bathing Desi, but I was hoping it was someone calling to tell me Erin had gone into labor and was at the hospital. No such luck!) The Saturday before last, we went to Cabela's to look at the animals with Tom's Dad, my Dad, Sam and my brother Chris. Sam loved the fish and found a stuffed turtle that he pushed around on the floor like a truck. It was cute when he realized he could make the stuffed bunny's mouth move. He then had fun hiding from Uncle Tom in camo gear, learning how to shoot and just relaxing. I think the funniest part was when I sat down in a rocking chair and he wanted a chair that rocked too. He sat in one, stood up, picked up a magazine from the rack and sat back down and flipped through it like he could read it. He's so funny! We even made it out of there without spending any money!!
Then this last Saturday, we went with Grandpa, Kendall, Erin and Sam to the Living Aquarium in Sandy. It was really neat and I even learned quite a few things. That night we went out to eat at a delicious Chinese restaurant with Wendy, Russ, Erin and Kendall. After dinner, we went to Wendy's house and played games. I finally won at Mormon Bridge! On Sunday afternoon, we went to Grandma and Grandpa Newton's house and had dinner. We had fun playing on their Wii. I'm not very good, but I'm proud to say I kicked Tom's butt in boxing which neither of us had ever tried. Not bad for someone who doesn't watch UFC. We are so glad to live close to family that we can spend time with!


3 comments:

Jeanette Atkinson said...

Looks like you guys had fun. Soon as it warms up you will have to head to the zoo. I'm sure Sam would go crazy there!

Liz said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun, I am sorry that I missed out!

Cati said...

Hey Jen.. I need to really talk to you, I can't wait till the RS decides to do another Grocery activity... I want to know what the secret is to finding the sales... I want to buy stuff for $45.00 when can I come over..?
oh by the way.. no pressure. haha!