"The Savior emphasized the importance of keeping records. And one of the most valuable records is the one you keep of your own life." Spencer W. Kimball

Friday, April 11, 2008

11 Week Check-up

This is my first post and thanks to Liz now I can share my intimate doctor's appointments details with the world. I went to my doctor today and I lost 6 pounds! Unfortunately, it hasn't come off of my stomach, instead people have been commenting on how skinny my behind is looking. It was amazing to hear the heartbeat and now I feel officially pregnant! I love saying "my baby" when I talk to people about my pregnancy and now I know that I really do have a baby growing inside of me. I can't wait for the ultrasound which will be in 7 weeks! I'm so glad that it's finally my turn to be pregnant! I am trying to enjoy what brain cells and time to myself that I have left. This really is a miracle and I feel so blessed that I can be a mother.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Definitely enjoy the brain cells you have because they fly out the window when the baby comes! That is so awesome that you heard the heart beat! Isn't that so incredible? Did you cry?

Jenn said...

I don't know why but I think I have been less emotional than I was before I was pregnant. I feel bad that I didn't cry, but I was so so worried that I wouldn't hear it. And then when the doctor finally found it, it was a relief but my Mom was sitting there in the chairs which happened to be positioned at the end of the exam table, and I was nervous because the doctor was going to do a PAP and I was half naked (with my Mom at the end.) Don't worry, in the end she ended up by my head, but the whole thing was just a lot to take in. I teared up later thinking about it. It really is amazing to think that I have a child of God growing inside me that will one day call me Mom.