"The Savior emphasized the importance of keeping records. And one of the most valuable records is the one you keep of your own life." Spencer W. Kimball

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Girl Stuff

Last night I went to dinner with Liz and Erin for Liz's birthday. We went to the Olive Garden and I even got them to sing her a bday song which made her turn a little red. Then we went to Becky's shoe party where I found a way cute pair of strappy, brown sandals. Then I stayed up way too late and watched stupid TV shows. How come I always do that when I am really tired? I just got back from lunch with my Mom and sister which was fun because we rarely get together for something like that. I'm excited to go to my cousin's wedding reception tonight because I will get to see some relatives that live out of state. It makes me miss my Grandma even more because she would always try to get the family together when it was spring/summer and we would have a reunion in the park. Spring isn't the same without her because we would sit out on her back patio and eat Pizza Hut and chocolate milk. We would pick honeysuckles off of her bushes and lick the honey off of the insides. She always had beautiful flowers, especially her "red hot pokers". When I was younger, she would go with me outside and we would count how many "pokers" she had. Of course we always had ice cream with her homemade fudge sauce before we left. And then she would have my Mom go "shopping" in her storage room for food, we would pick out movies we wanted to borrow from her movie library, pile in our minivan (fighting for the front seat or middle seat by the door) and then she would stand in the driveway and wave until we were out of sight. I miss you Grandma!

No comments: