"The Savior emphasized the importance of keeping records. And one of the most valuable records is the one you keep of your own life." Spencer W. Kimball

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Weekend Fun!

We had fun at the dunes, even though everyone said I slept the whole time. It was so nice to take naps and relax. Tom didn't ride very much, because his bike was broken and he was fixing things that kept breaking on the trailer. Thanks to Brad for helping with our furnace so we didn't freeze to death! I'm so glad my husband is such a handyman! He fixed the water heater, furnace, water pump, battery and who knows what else. Then on the way home the tread came off of one of the trailer tires and the brakes were smoking on the truck. We pulled over in the middle of nowhere and Tom realized that the trailer wasn't plugged in all the way to the truck, so we had been using just the truck brakes the whole time! He changed the tire and I snapped some pictures which I will add later. But he still can't fix his bike which is killing him, his baby is broken. =(
Saturday night, Tom had UFC fight night, so I went to my mother-in-law's house and did pedicures with her and my sister-in-law, which felt really good. On Sunday we went to Wendy's for dinner and played Guitar Hero and American Idol. We had spaghetti which I thought tasted funny but I thought maybe the parmesan cheese was bad that I had put on it. I kept eating it and then when I was finished I found out that the meat in the sauce was half elk. GROSS! Tom doesn't believe me that I didn't like it, he asked why I didn't say anything and of course I wouldn't because that's mean!
Anyway, I can't say I'm thrilled to be back to work but at least now there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

No comments: