"The Savior emphasized the importance of keeping records. And one of the most valuable records is the one you keep of your own life." Spencer W. Kimball

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It's Official!



My brother was formally sworn into the army yesterday by our family friend who has been in the military forever. It was supposed to be at 9:00am but I got a phone call at 7:20am saying that we had to be there right then. I jumped out of bed and got dressed and then headed over to the Military Processing Center. I guess his flight was earlier than the head honchos planned because we were rushed to get him sworn in and say our goodbyes and then they took him to the airport. He was anxious to get to Oklahoma and see what to expect. I hope to get pictures of him in his uniform with his hair chopped off to see what he looks like. (They don't issue uniforms, etc. until they get to the base.) He is now in the Lord's hands and I'm trying my best to have faith that everything will be okay and he will survive the intense training for the next 9 weeks. After all the chaos, I went to Wal-Mart with my Mom and sister to pick out yarn for a baby blanket my Mom is crocheting. Then we got to meet up with my aunt for lunch, who is here from Las Vegas visiting my Grandpa. It was fun to hear everything my cousins, that I never see, have been up to. Last night I watched Definitely, Maybe with my friend, Lori and for those of you who want to see it, DON'T! It's a really stupid chick flick.

1 comment:

Nick and Tanya and Family said...

Hey there, I am sure your bother will be fine, but book camp is the worst, so if he can make it through that everything will be okay! I know military life can be hard but it is good too! I am glad to see everything is going great talk to you soon!