"The Savior emphasized the importance of keeping records. And one of the most valuable records is the one you keep of your own life." Spencer W. Kimball

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Last Two Weeks

It's been a crazy, emotional yet fun-filled two weeks. The week before last, we had the Thomson Family Campout which was a blast! Hopefully everyone had fun! Then this last week, I had girl's camp which was tons of fun but also crazy. On the first day, one of our young woman had a seizure at our campsite which scared the other girls. Then the next night, I got to talk to the girls for awhile to convince them not to be scared of the bears. It was amazing to me to see things clicking in their heads as we talked of faith, scriptures, prayer and our fears. Thursday night was amazing as I could see how their testimonies and mine had grown. I had mentioned to the YW President that I was worried about raising my children in these scary times but then I realized how strong the youth are these days. Even though we had some PMS and quarreling going on, the girls and leaders had a BLAST! Then yesterday, some of my family got together to spend time with my brother before he ships out on Tuesday for boot camp. We won't see him until February because he will go do his advanced training right after boot camp. I am so sad he won't be here to see his first niece or stand in on the baby blessing. To make things even more emotional, we got a phone call yesterday saying that my Grandpa wants us to pray and fast that he will pass on. He's been ready for awhile and he misses my Grandma so much. What a happy reunion it will be for the both of them! But on the bright side, we got another phone call saying that Tom's dad might be accepted into a program to try a drug that could cure Alzheimer's. What a miracle! Lately I've been reminded that we are here on our Heavenly Father's timetable and knowing he can see the bigger picture and knows and loves us so much makes it easier to accept his will whatever that might be. I know that he will take care of everything because he even "considers the lilies of the field".

1 comment:

A New Aunty (well, sort of) said...

Wow. Sometimes we just need a reminder about God's love.